Thursday, August 14, 2008

RCKNDY- Gus Furniture


My boyfriend and I have been living together for almost 3 years (in September) in our condo and as much as I love home decor and modern design, I quickly learned that it costs a lot of money to get what you want! So slowly I am trying to put together my ideal first home.

I've been looking for a rectangular, modern chandelier like this ever since I saw an episode on HGTV. I usually know where everything in an episode is from because yes, I look at that much home decor, but for some reason, I didn't know where to find this one. I looked at Restoration Hardware and it was going for $900!! And on other random sites online, it was even in the $1200 range. Luckily, my friend, David Dennis, owner of
RCKNDY, a home decor store on U Street in DC, was having a sale on Gus Furniture who just so happened to have the chandelier I was looking for! After about an hour of my boyfriend and his cousin (he's an electrician, thank goodness...) trying to hang the new lighting in our dining "cove", is not quite a room in our condo, it looks fabulous! I LOVE it! It completely changed the look of my dining room. We finally got rid of that cheap, shiny shiny gold chandelier that came with the place. It seemed fairly easy to install, of course I was in the other room while the boys were working! All in all, it was a great addition to the room and a quick way to change the look and feel with a single piece.


No comments: